The Veteran and Community Grants Program is open all year round, with funding decisions made on an ongoing, rolling basis.
The program is administered by the Federal Government's Department of Veterans Affairs, and funds projects that address identified needs in the veteran community. To be eligible, an applicant must be an ex-service organisation, veteran representative group, community-based organisation or private organisation; and demonstrate the ability to contribute to the well-being of members of the veteran community through the proposed project.
- Non-eligible applicants are:
- organisations that are seeking commercial gain from the project
- organisations that have any outstanding acquittals for any previous funding
- organisations receiving Federal Government funding either directly or indirectly via a third party for the same purpose
- organisations contracted to DVA for the provision of Veterans Home Care or other services that are requesting funding for any activity related to that contract; and
- organisations that are located outside of Australia
Funding is considered for:
- Equipment and Furnishings integral to the project
- Building works such as upgrades of toilet facilities, kitchen facilities, repair of roofs, floors, and provision of external shade areas
- Passenger vehicles used for community transport projects
- Volunteer expenses related to training
For more information (and guidelines and application forms) visit http://www.dva.gov.au/consultation-and-grants/grants/grant-and-bursary-programs/veteran-and-community-grants