The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, in partnership with the Motor Accident Commission, offers grants for groups and organisations to deliver projects that support safer, greener and more active travel choices.
Projects can focus on improving road safety behaviours or getting people to ride, walk or catch public transport and to use the car less.
Applications for this round of Community Grants opens today and will close at 5 pm on 9 April 2017.
It's easy to apply. Applicants are guided through a simple online process to provide all the necessary information. In addition, Community Grant staff can offer advice on a proposed project and eligibility criteria.
Favoured are projects that focus on:
- Getting people cycling, walking or using public transport
- Replacing car journeys with technology or doing things locally and using the car smarter
- Increasing safe road user behaviour
Examples of previously funded projects are:
- Adelaide Farmers Market: incentive program, including car pool scheme, free bus tickets, trolley hire scheme
- Tailem Bend Community Centre: bike hire scheme and cycling skills workshops
- Friends of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital: carpooling project
- YWCA of Adelaide: "Cycle More to Meetings" project and work bikes purchased