Parliament of South Australia
Find out more about the Parliament of South Australia, including education resources and information about tours.
Bushfire Survival Plan
Thinking "I will leave early" is not enough. Your plan will help you take action and avoid making last minute decisions that could prove deadly during a bushfire. Read the full guide here.
School Leavers Guide 2016
Federal Member for Grey Rowan Ramsey MP has circulated his 2016 School Leavers Guide to all schools within the electorate for distribution to Year 12 students. He hopes you will find it a useful resource. It contains education and training options, Jobs guide, accommodation options, information about apprenticeships and available financial support, and tips on resumes and interviews. Find out more at rowanramsey.com.au
Parliament of South Australia House of Assembly Petition Guide. For assistance please contact the Goyder Electorate Office on 8832 2455.
Electoral Commission SA
The next State election will be held in 2018.
For information on how to enrol to vote and where to vote visit the Electoral Commission SA website.
SA Marine Parks
SA's marine parks and sanctuary zones came into affect as of 1 October 2014 - click here for more information and maps.
SA Recreational Fishing rules
For a full list of rules, visit www.pir.sa.gov.au
New rules for recreational fishing in SA, including changes to fishing limits for 26 species, come into effect from 1 December 2016.
The new rules to the 26 species are as follows (all limits apply statewide unless specified otherwise):
- Albacore: no size limit, bag limit 2 per person, 6 per boat
- Australian Herring (Tommy Ruff): no size limit, bag limit 40 per person, 120 per boat
- Bloodworm: 4 litres per person
- Blue Swimmer Crab (combined limits with Sand Crabs): size 11 cm, bag limit 20 per person; 60 per boat
- Bream: size 30cm, bag limit 10 per person, 30 per boat
- Catfish (Cooper Creek): fully protected
- Catfish (Hyrtl's/Silver Tandan): no size limit, bag limit 10 per person, 30 per boat
- Congolli (all species): no size limit, bag limit 2 per person, 6 per boat
- Harlequin Fish (all species): no size limit, bag limit 2 per person, 6 per boat
- King George Whiting: East of 136 deg E: size 32 cms, bag limit 10 per person, 30 per boat; west of 136 deg E: size 30 cm, bag limit 10 per person, 30 per boat; plus a spatial spawning closure for the month of May
- Mulloway: within the Coorong: size 46-75 cms, bag limit 10 per person, 30 per boat; size greater than 75 cm bag limit 2 per person, 6 per boat; all other waters, greater than 82 cms bag limit 2 per person, 6 per boat
- Pipi: east of 136 deg E: size 3.5 cms, bag limit 300 per person, *900 per boat; west of 136 deg E:size 3.5cm, bag limit 100 per person, *300 per boat *this is a vehicle limit that applies when three or more people are present
- Samsonfish: size 88 cms, bag limit 1 per person, 3 per boat
- Sand Crab (combined limits with Blue Swimmer Crab): size 10 cm, bag limit 20 per person, 60 per boat
- Scallop: size 6.5 cms, bag limit 50 per person, 150 per boat
- Sea Urchin: no size limit, bag limit 20 per person, 60 per boat
- Snapper: sixe 38-60 cms, bag limit 5 per person, 15 per boat. Greater than 60 cms bag limit 2 per person, 6 per boat. A statewide closure applies from middy 1 November to midday 15 December
- Southern Garfish: size 23 cms, bag limit 30 per person, 90 per boat
- Spangled Perch: no size limit, bag limit 15 per person, 45 per boat
- Trevally (all species): size 24 cms, bag limit 20 per person, 60 per boat
- Western Blue Groper: size min 60cm-max 100cm, bag limit 1 per person, 3 per boat. Closure applies at all times in both gulfs, Investigator Strait and Backstairs Passage
- Whaler Shark (Bronze & Dusky): no size limit, bag limit 1 per person, 3 per boat
- Wrasse (all species excluding Western Blue Groper): size min 25cm-max 35 cm, bag limit 5 per person, 15 per boat
- Yabby: no size limit, bag limit 200 per person, 600 per boat
- Yellowfin Tuna: bag and boat limits have been removed
- Yellowtail Kingfish: Spencer Gulf waters only, size 45-60 cm, bag limit 10 per person, 30 per boat; all waters: size greater than 60 cm, bag limit 1 per person, 3 per boat
State Liberal Party announcements
For full details of Liberal Party policy announcements visit: www.saliberal.org.au
As Shadow Minister for Local Government, Steven announced a Rate Capping Policy in February 2014 which was ultimately voted down in Parliament by the Labor Government on 9 June 2016.
Video of Steven's address to the Local Government Association of SA's special Rate Capping Forum on 13 April 2016 is available at: