Round 15 of the National Shed Development Programme opens today, and will close on Friday, 7 July 2017.
The aim of this programme is to provide financial support for the development of Men's Sheds and associated activities. For guidelines and application forms visit http://mensshed.org/development-grants/
The Australian Men's Sheds Association administers the Australian Government National Shed Development Programme (NSDP) on behalf of the Australian Government and in 2016/17 will allocate $800,000 across two funding rounds.
Priority is given to those Sheds in areas of greatest need, and the NSDP is open to both developing and established Men's Sheds and members and non members of the Australian Men's Shed Association.
A Men's Shed is any community-based, non-commercial organisation which is open to all males where:
- the primary activity is the provision of a safe, friendly and inclusive environment where males are able to gather together and/or work on meaningful projects at their own pace, in their own time and in the company of other males; and
- the primary objective is to advance the health and wellbeing of their male members
Most "shedders" see themselves as having a strong sense of belonging and ownership of their Shed, share fellowship, camaraderie and devote most of their time to worthwhile community projects. A "Men's Shed" can be a purpose built facility, a multipurpose community or private building or shared space used on a regular basis for the purposes of a Men's Shed.
Round 14 successful rural applicants included:
- Kingscote Men's Shed
- Mannum Community Men's Shed
- Mount Pleasant Men's Shed SA
- Keith Men's Shed
- Whyalla Men's Shed
- Wudinna Districts Men's Shed
Anyone with enquiries can email: firstname.lastname@example.org