Applications for the 2017 Community Heritage Grants program are now open.
The grant round closes on Monday 8 May 2017 at 5pm (AEST).
Up to $15,000 is available for not-for-profit organisations to assist in preserving Australian cultural heritage collections.
Heritage collections need to be locally held and nationally significant; not-for-profit organisations such as historical societies, regional museums, archives, galleries, public libraries and Indigenous and migrant community groups are encouraged to apply.
Guidelines and application forms are available at nla.gov.au/chg/guidelines
Co-ordinator Community Heritage Grants
National Library of Australia
CANBERRA ACT 2600
02 6262 1147; email@example.com
Examples of activities which may qualify include:
- significance assessments of collections
- preservation needs assessments of collections
- purchase of archival quality storage materials
- preservation training projects
- conservation activities, including cleaning, treatment or rebinding
- purchase and installation of environmental control and monitoring equipment
- copying of material once originals have been preserved
- cataloguing or collection management software