The 2016 Governor's Multicultural Awards are now open.
These important awards celebrate South Australians who promote multiculturalism and increase understanding of the benefits of cultural diversity in our community.
The Awards are administered by Multicultural SA and presented by His Excellency, the Governor of South Australia, on the advice of an independent judging panel chosen in consultation with the Multicultural Communities Council of SA.
In 2016, there are three new categories individuals and organisations can nominate for - aged care, family safety and economic development.
- The Award categories are:
- Arts and culture (individual and organisation)
- Community sector (individual and organisation)
- Private sector
- Senior volunteer
- Youth (individual and organisation)
- Outstanding individual achievement
- Aged care (individual and organisation)
- Family safety (individual and organisation)
- Economic development (individual and organisation)
Nominations close Friday 7 October 2016, with winners to be announced at a ceremony in early 2017 at Government House to celebrate South Australia's cultural diversity.
To nominate online, or for more information, visit the Multicultural SA website at http://www.multicultural.sa.gov.au/GMA